The Mattancherry Palace

Located at close proximity to the Tower House, the Mattancherry Palace was originally built by the Portuguese and presented to the Raja of Kochi – Veera Kerala Varma (1537-65) in 1555 AD. It was then taken over by the Dutch and several extensions and renovations were carried out in 1663, under their rule. Today, it is famous for its mythological murals and is one of the oldest buildings in Kerela.